Would you like to learn more about available services and assistance programs for persons with disabilities? Perhaps you’d like to learn about new and innovative assistive technology that could possibly enhance their lives?
Do you have a family member with disabilities or work with persons with disabilities, and would like to learn more about how to help them lead their best lives?
Then join Delaware Family Voices and many others this January at the fifteenth annual Delaware LIFE Conference.
What is LIFE Conference XV?
LIFE Conference XV is a joint effort of many Delaware organizations whose primary purpose is to assist and enhance the lives of persons with disabilities and their families. Their definition of LIFE says it all:
LIFE = Liberty and Independence For Everyone.
LIFE = Legislation, Independence, Families and Education
LIFE Conference XV brings together a broad assortment of information designed to serve persons with disabilities and their families, and to provide resources and knowledge to further help them live LIFE to the fullest.
The LIFE Conference XV Agenda:
The conference’s goal is to support, provide information, and educate it’s attendees in each of the following four areas:
- Legislation – Learn more about state legislation and how advocacy can implement change, as well as how to access community-based long-term care services.
- Independence through Assistive Technology (AT) – Explore the latest applications and mobile devices, methods to increase accessibility in the home, and how to access and secure AT services.
- Family – Find out how to better access medical services, why emergency preparedness is important, and about employment challenges and issues.
- Education – Learn more about student to adult transition options, how to address bullying issues, and developing better behavioral assessment and intervention plans.
While at the conference, you will be able to:
- Visit exhibitors dedicated to persons with disabilities and their families.
- Listen to keynote speaker Aaron Bishop, Executive Director of the National Council on Disability.
- Attend three different workshops from each of the four conference topics – Legislation, Independence Through AT, Family and Education.
For complete details of LIFE Conference XV, click on LIFE Conference XV agenda.
LIFE Conference XV Event Details:
LIFE Conference XV event and registration details are as follows:
When: Thursday, January 13, 2013
Where: Sheraton Dover Hotel
Time: 8:00am to 3:45pm
Registration Fee: $45 through January 2nd; $75 after this date.
How to Register for LIFE XV: Online at LIFE Event Registration or via hard copy (paper) Event Registration form. Note that you will need to mail a paper registration form to event organizers if you choose the paper registration method.
Don’t forget! Early bird registration rates end on January 2, 2013. After January 2nd, the registration fee increases to $75.
Questions: Contact Leslie Kosek at Best Buddies, 302-691-3187, or at LeslieKosek@bestbuddies.org.
Delaware Family Voices At LIFE Conference XV
We hope to see you there! Stop by the Delaware Family Voices exhibit and learn more about how we can help you.
Listen to Delaware Family Voices director, Ann Phillips, as she shares her wealth of knowledge. She will be a member of The Diamond State Health Plan Plus (DSHP Plus) panel, which will focus on program improvements, direct consumer impacts and common issues identified since the implementation of DSHP Plus, a Medicaid initiative.
Will you be attending LIFE Conference XV? Have you attended prior LIFE conferences? Share your experiences in the Comments section below.
Images from LIFE Conference XV website.