Are you the parent or primary caregiver of a child with mental, behavioral or emotional health care needs, or know someone who is? Have you or someone you know accessed the child mental health services system? Would you like have more effective communications when discussing your child’s needs with professionals or others who provide assistance to your child?
Perhaps Delaware Family Voices can help! Attend our upcoming Tell Me What That Means workshop and learn skills to help you become a more effective communicator.
Tell Me What That Means Workshop
The Tell Me What That Means is a workshop offered by Delaware Family Voices. Our goal is to help families learn the necessary skills to be more effective communicators when discussing their child’s mental, behavioral, and emotional health care needs with the people who help care for their child.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
– Develop your own strategy for more effective communication.
– Implement the Triple A Method – Attitude, Ask, Answer – for effective communication.
– Be a more effective listener and how to listen without judgement.
– Effectively ask a professional to explain words you don’t understand.
– Effectively phrase questions and receive answers to these questions.
– Develop key questions to include in your communications strategy.
The end goal of the workshop is for you to leave more confident in your communications skills and your ability to effectively discuss your child’s mental, behavioral and emotional health issues with the professionals and others who are involved in the care of your child.
The workshop will be offered in both New Castle and Dover, on the following dates.
Childcare reimbursement is available for both workshop dates.
Please RSVP no later than Tuesday, March 26th, to Ann Philips, Delaware Family Voices, at either 302-221-5360 or email@example.com.
Hope to see you at the workshop!
Questions? Please call Delaware Family Voices and we will gladly answer them.
Delaware Family Voices is a 501 C3 Non-profit organization. Consider donating to our organization via United Way #12691.